What do you think

I am starting a new eBay store and want your opinion. What do you think of shipping, prices. ect. What do you recommend to make it more successful?
I am hoping to make it work enough to at least cover grocery and household items. I am open to all suggestions.
Thanks!!!

Visit My eBay Store: Candy's Thrift Shop

candy6

Asked by candy6 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think the pictures look very professional. I would most likely take a couple of pictures from different views (like an up close of the clothes and especially any detailing, etc.). I think the shipping seems fair also since you are using the flat rate boxes. And after you sell a good bit (I think it is over 20+ items with positive feedback) you can become a power seller. That shows that you are committed. = )
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Thanks I will include more pictures in my future listings.
    candy6

Answer by candy6 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Honestly if you up your prices a little post the shipping for free...or for REAL cheap, that ALWAYS grabs my attention. Ive almost bought a few items but stopped because the shipping was 2X what i paid for the item!! People get really out of hand about that!! And i agree that pictures make or break an item. i WILL NOT buy something i cant see a picture of. and i dont want a picture that was googled, i want a REAL picture!!!!....Good communication also makes you a good seller. I buy often from those who keep in touch with me during the process. its comforting to know i havent been shafted!!! GL
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Hmm maybe a compromise of also offering parcel post for lower? I want to keep the actual price real low for customers and steady so that they can return and look for things knowing what they can expect to pay when they need something. Then hopefully I will get repeat customers that will turn to my store every time they start looking for an item.
    candy6

Answer by candy6 at 7:05 AM on Dec. 18, 2009