How do i keep my daughter from biting ?

My daughter is 17 months old and bites all the time whether she is mad or just wants to get a reaction from you. She also bites herself alot when she gets mad. How do I get her to stop?

Leegar610

Asked by Leegar610 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ignore it. Even when she bites herself. my son bit for a while and I had to completely ignore it. If she tries to bite you get up casually and walk away. Don't even look back at her. It will get worse for a little bit just bc she will try her hardest to get your attention, and any other place she will try. But, you just have to be consistent with it. but once she sees there is nothing happening when she does it, she has no reason to do it anymore. she will though a week or a month later do it again just to test old waters, but, again, lol..ignore it. :) I hope this helps. I know it did for us.
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2009