How I can stop my son from bitting his nails

I have a 3yr old tootler that cut his nails (hands and Feet) his fingers are sometimes red around and all ugly... how can I stop that. ???

violetlady

Asked by violetlady at 12:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you can buy the clear nail polish that is bitter. The sour taste keeps you from wanting it in your mouth. you should be able to find that at either walmart or beauty suply store like sally's. I would put cuticle oil on the red areas to help it heal.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• try the stop bitting polish it is really bad tasting. he wont put his hands near his mouth
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• that stop biting nail polish really works, & It does taste like ass. It really helps! And from what i understand, it's not really nail poliosh so it does not have all those toxic things in it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Start putting iyt on his toes at the same time. My daughter started that.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 4:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• The stop biting stuff is called "Bite It". It really does work, in fact, I need to do it again, he's just started back up again...
    Miracle_pg

Answer by Miracle_pg at 4:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• thank you im going to buy like 4 bottles of that !!
    violetlady

Answer by violetlady at 11:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2009