im 13 weeks preg. with my first,and i havent bought one thing for the baby. Is there something wrong with me??? One thing is this wasnt a planned pregnancy and two the father doesnt want anything to do with me.

junebutterfly

Asked by junebutterfly at 12:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Because you're probably stressed about the pregnancy you're just not into it right now. Later on it'll prolly be different. Not promising that but YOur mood may get better as the baby grows and moves. There is nothing like it! COngratulations!
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• You're only 13 weeks along, you still have plenty of time!
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yea it is pretty normal but the further along you get the more the baby will move and you will see in on a ulta sound it becomes more real. I wouldnt even worry about the father just worry about you and that baby!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• We didn't buy anything till closer to 6 months along.
    Anonymous

• Thanks i just feel like i should be more excited and im not.
    junebutterfly

Answer by junebutterfly at 1:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• My youngest son is now 21 and his father and I broke up when I was pregnant. I really enjoyed being a single mother. There are lots of advantages.

My oldest two son's were from my first marriage and we had the typical every other weekend, every other holiday visitation. Their father and I got along OK.

I preferred not having the father involved at all. I decided not to date. Life was complicated enough with being a single mother and all the other things I was doing.

I was sick during my pregnancy and didn't have anything when my son was born except a car seat, a sling and a few clothes my friends gave me. All you really need is a car seat and some clothes. The things most people think you have to have you don't really need. You have a lot of pregnancy left. Don't worry about it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i don't find that odd at all. i don't think i bought anything for my son until i was in the 3rd trimester. and now i'm 12-13 weeks pregnant w/ my 2nd and not planning to get anything anytime soon.

it might take quite a while to feel excited. the first trimester is so hard and everything looks bleak. but i truly think you will get excited in the next few months. if not, don't worry, you will still love your baby. some moms don't feel that special love connection with the baby until s/he is a few weeks old. most will feel it right away but not necessarily.
    Anonymous