Help for my sister!

What do you guys think my sister should do?
My sister has been dating this guy for six months. We have all met him and he's seriously the nicest guy (well we thought) ever and we all love him, especially my sister. He treats (or treated) her so well! He bought her a promise ring because he's leaving for Iraq for 13 months and told my sister he wants to be with her forever. ANYWAYS, he left his phone at her house last night and my sister decided to go through it. She admits that was wrong but she found dirty text messages (over 400) to this girl and at least 10 naked pictures of her. The last text message was on December 9. She confronted him about it hopeing he would tell the truth but he didn't so she had to show him the texts and he started crying and said he doesn't want to lose my sister and how much he loves her and he'll never talk to the girl again. The girl is his best friends wife's sister. Is this forgiveable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• No, because he will never stop, and your sister will never be able to trust him again. I'd kick him to the curb. I dated someone exactly like this guy, and I never trusted him no matter how many times he swore he'd stop talking to other girls. When I finally had enough and left him for good, he cried and told me that he'd never do it again and wanted to marry me.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• If I was in that situation, he'd be out the door! That shows lack of respect for the person that you claim to have so much love for.
    Anonymous

• She needs to leave him. My girlfriend is going through something like this right know. She found out shortly before they were getting married he was texting and email other women. She comfronted him. He said he will stop and loves her some much and does not want to loss her. Well 3 yrs later. they have a child that was born to early this year and has special needs. Well she found out he is doing it again. He says he will stop and does not want to loss her. Ever time he says he needs to be on call and has to leave for work or any trips he has to take for work . She stresses about it and wonders what he is doing. he knwo makes sure his phone is never laying around and that his email is always close.

I have had boyfriends that said they will stop but ended up doing it again. i don't want to see your sister get hurt again down the road and it be even harder to leave.
    Anonymous

• No. Ontop of being shady, secretive, and unfaithful, he lied about it. It's not forgiveable and I would move on.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I say it can be forgived. However, this sort of situation should show her that he is one of those filthy pig men..lol. What I mean by that is he is one of them types of men who like to go to the titty clubs and check out women right in front of her. And next time he aint going to turn to his cell phone to get a little somethin somethin, he's gonna cheat on her. Whats gonna happen when he gets bored of her? He doesnt sound like he is ready to be committed and this is something she needs to think about. She is gonna have drama up the ass with woman wanting to be with her man. So let her know this. Does she wanna be committed to a playboy or a soldier? Understand?
    vdr1983

Answer by vdr1983 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• HELL NO! First of all he lied to her face, so it is a fact that lying comes natural to him & he would easily do it again if he could get away with it. He is going to Iraq for 13 months??? I would not trust him. Tell her to lose him quick!!!!

If he is doing all of this nasty texting, it proves that he is not ready for commitment. I would leave the guy. Maybe in a few years she can see if he's grown up any...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2009