finaly going for my driver license...yay advice ladiES???

hey ladies,i know im late but im finally going for my driver license,but now than never ,right?
well i would like you to give me some advices,ive already passed my permit,now im going for the road test and im sooo nervous,i dont know how to parallele park and some few other stuff
what advice would you give me?how was yoyr exeprience>???

tigernina

Asked by tigernina at 1:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Advice would be to learn how to parallel park! That's on the test. Try this trick, it worked for me...When you are going to reverse into the parking spot, don't cut the wheel till your car is about half way to the car in front of the spot you are going into. Too hard to explain, but it works! Also, don't forget your turning signal at all times, buckle up and watch speed zones (especially in school zones)! Good luck!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• yeah..the turning signal...i parked up on a hill during it and (obviously didnt know which way to turn my wheel on a hill cause i didnt think it'd be on the test) but he told me i should of had the blinker on while getting out of park and turning onto the road.

also while turning on a green light...creep up into the turning lane if there's cars coming (idk if i got marked on that, he just told me i should of done that)
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I got marked down one time for being overly cautious. I was making a right turn in a big boat (a.k.a. mini-van) and waited for 2 lanes to be cleared, not just the one, so I got marked down.

Don't hit any cones during the parking portion. I didn't have to parallel park, just regular parking. It depended on which DMV I went to.

Also, make your mirror checks obvious, move your head, not just your eyes or they'll think you didn't check your mirrors.

Good luck!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Buckle up BEFORE you start the engine. And make sure the examiner buckle's his/her seatbelt as well.
    Check review and side mirrors.
    Observe all speed limit signs.
    Better learn to parallel park because you may be asked to do it. And it IS NOT easy!

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 1:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Check your blind spot manually when merging or changing lanes. Checking the mirrors is good, but also check the blind spots by turning your head. My son got marked down for not doing that.
    Anonymous

• No advice, just wanted to say Congratulations! driving You can do it!

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2009