Do you think it is wrong to have a couple drinks once the kids are in bed?

Do you think it is okay? And how often do you do it? I don't mean getting dog drunk and falling down and acting crazy just a couple drinks to relax.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, I don't think it's wrong! Again, as long as you are being responsible. Hubby and I usually have a "Happy Hour" when the kids go to bed on Friday nights!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I do it on the weekends. I don't see a problem with it. We never EVER get SMASHED or anything. If DD is safe in bed, & i know she is down for the count, i don't see a problem with it. When she was a baby though, i would not. I did not want to be buzzed if my baby happens to wake up in the night. But, she has not done that in 5 years. She sleeps like a log nowa days. I need to relax too sometimes, & the best time to do that is Sat. night when DD is passed out.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• nope, nothing wrong with it- plan on doing so this evening since my lovely will be out of town this weekend...

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Usually we don't both drink with my DD at home just in case something were to happen, but I don't see anything wrong with it. We just don't have anyone close to us and wouldn't put us and her in more danger by driving drunk (or buzzed) if we had to go to the hospital, LOL.
    Anonymous

• Nope it isnt wrong. If youre an adult and able to buy alcohol for yourself there is no reason not to enjoy a drink or two to wind down. I dont think you should ever get drunk with kids in the home. Period. A drink or two to wind down though is fine.
    Anonymous

• No there isn't. Just limit your drinks cuz you do have children that will wake up in the night for whatever reason and u wanna make sure your able to function correctly.
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 1:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• if there is someone else there NOT drinking, i think it is fine. if you are alone then NO I dont think it is ok.
    if something happens for some reason I feel I should be able to drive them to the ER or what if there were a fire or something, i need to be able to think clearly enough to get them out of the house... idk. that is my opinion but everyone has their own and i think to each their own, i dont have a problem with others doing what they want, but I wont do it.
    HuntersMomee

Answer by HuntersMomee at 1:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i meant if I was there alone
    HuntersMomee

• I am a light weight so if I have two drinks I am sleepy. So I might have one and call it a night. As long as you know when to stop and what your particular limit is, then I say ok. Always drink responsibly!
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 1:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• In general, yes, it's wrong. We never do it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2009