csection question

i had a csection the 3rd of december. well one side of the incision sight is "gooing" a yellowish brown color. well last time it did this but not a much. well i have a different nurse than last time and she says for me to take the steristrips off today (been on a week today) and to clean it with peroxide..my last nurse told me NOT to do this. what do i do? and how would i clean it with peroxide??

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 1:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No not peroxide! Use Betadine. Call your doctor and ask HIM to call you back.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• GO TO THE HOSPITAL ASASP!! MY SISTER HAD THIS AND THEY HAD TO DRAIN THE SCAR
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I don't think peroxide is right either. Many bacteria have become resistant to peroxide.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I had a c-section and I wasn't told to do any of this.

I went to the doctor after a week and he took the staples out and told me to leave the steri-strips that he put on until they fall off.
    He told me to take a towel and put it between my incision and any skin or clothing that comes in contact with it to keep it dry. Just clean it very softly with water and body wash. I would call the doctor to verify these instructions that you were given.

Good luck.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2009