HAs your kids ever been on a nebulizer?

My 9 month old was given one yesterday for a bad chest cold and coughing and runny nose, has your kids ever had one and did it help>

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Absolutely helps!! Did you get a mask? Those work better than the other thing. Hope little one feels better!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• My sister was on one from about that age and she still uses it occasionally. My parents ended up buying one because she was so sick all the time, and it did really help a lot. The steriods in the medicine kind of made her a little shaky though at times.
    Anonymous

• I have a cousin who has been on one since he was born (he is 10 now). He was born SUPER premature, was only 1 lb 6 oz when born and his lungs weren't developed. The neb is AMAZING and helped him so much.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

• yers, alot of times and so have asthma. it help me andmy dd alot
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yes, many times for wheezing cuased by colds or chest infections. It helps. Don't be surprised if baby seems worse and coughing more after a treatment. This means the lungs have opened and he/she is coughing up the mucus. very good sign.
    Anonymous