Not really a question...about acne....

ok so to make it short and sweet I have never battled with it before ( a little in my 1st trimester) when Ds was about 10 months old we were living with my MOm (loooong story) and my face started breaking out worse and worse to the point I had allergy testing done, bloodwork done the whole nine I was at a loss as to why. Well, I still don't know why but through my struggle of trying to find something that works (I am still BFing so I didn't want any "medication") I found acne.org and on there they have a section were people rate product effectiveness so I looked through and found that milk of magesia ( yes, the laxitive) got 200+ reviews and people swore by it. So with nothing to lose other than my pimples I said what the heck it can't hurt. On both of my temples I had huge red inflamed acne. So the first night I put it on as a spot treatment for 10 minutes to make sure I didn't have a reaction. None. Con't...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Health

• So i applied moisturizer and spot treated overnight...I swear they started diminishing!!! So for the alst few days since I am home anyway I have been spot treating morning , noon, and night. And I swear it works. If you are an acne sufferer I know first hand on the toll it can take....it SUCKS!!! So if you have nothing to lose PLEASE try it and see if it works. I just want to get the word out so if it helps anyone else that would be awesome. Please leave a comment on your results so this can circulate to as many mom's as possible...good luck and happy holiday"s!!!! Testimonials...http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Milk-Magnesia-t69204.html ok I swear when I 1st looked it had 200+ reviews that's what caught my attention...IDK but her's the link on the reviews.....http://www.acne.org/milk-of-magnesia-reviews/651/page1.html
    Anonymous

• Sorry just to add...original formula only can use as a mask, spot treatment or even makeup primer for really oily skin. However I heard it glows in the dark in black lights so be weary if you are using as a primer and going to the clubs....let me know if this worked for you too!!!
    Anonymous

• I wil definitely try that! I've always suffered from acne, although i have many small pimples, never any big red ones. You could not notice it if you looked at me from afar, but up close it's like i have a rash of pimples. Can you make a mask & leave it on all night & will it severely dry out your skin?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I think it might be too drying to leave on your whole face as a mask overnight. I would suggest trying it for 10 minutes at first and seeing how that goes. Do you have really oily skin? F so you could probably start with 15. I'm no expert though and I really hope it works for you. I just wanted to share my experience so it can possibly help some others as well...good luck and keep us posted!!!
    Anonymous