this is why i dont bring my phone with.....

anybody see Dr. Phil yesterday? there's this mother who has facebook on her phone, she endangers her children while she drives and on FB on her phone at the same time, her 7 year old child even is smart enough to tell her to keep her eyes on the road but she's so addicted to her phone and her FB, once she's on it, she will tell her children "be right there in a min." and then by the time 30 min. go by, they've already figured out what it is that needed to be done.

i only have unlimited texting no internet or anything like that but i bet if i brought my phone with everywhere i go, i'd be texting away every minute i can get. so i have learned this is why i cant bring my phone with to places i need to go or want to go.

i felt so sorry for those kids! anybody else know a person like this or maybe they watched the show?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I watched it, and I couldn't believe it. I feel guilty enough that I'm on the computer while my children are awake, and its nowhere near that excessive. I do have a friend who seems permanently attached to her phone, but she has no children.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Ummm, what ever happen to self-control and responsibility. I have unlimited texting and internet and facebook on my phone. It goes everywhere with me. I choose when it is on and what is on it. At what point do we (a general we) start taking responsibility for our own actions. This lady has deeper issues then Facebook on her phone.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 2:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I watched the show. I never understand why people talk so much on the phone, text or Facebook so damn much! I have a FB and would never spend that much time on there. Why do people need to know what others are doing or what the heck their status is! Who cares! I hate phones...I screen all calls and will call you back if I want to or have time to! That's just me though.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I second the notion of self control and responsiblilty.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 2:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2009