Calm down Momma's!

Seems like alot of cafemom talk are women judging other Mothers with their parenting, age, marriage status, or situations. Or its Mothers bragging --well let me re-word that b/c I like to be proud of my child too -- Mothers who are be "competitative" with their child vs other children.

Super09Mom

Asked by Super09Mom at 2:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I completely agree!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 2:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Whatever. Are you the CM police??
    Anonymous

• No i made a statement, you know, what you are allowed to do on CM. You just set a perfect example of my statement too. Mrs. Anonymous??
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 2:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• We're women. It's natural. I'm not condoning anyone's negative or competitive behaviour, but it is natural.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yea, I know its very natural. And I usually over look that side effect that cafemom has. becuase over all its a good website. But today it got to me when I asked a question about potty trainning and a mother messaged me lashing out over my statement. I simple was asking for tips and I stated that I would like my Son trainned by age 3yrs. And she messaged me saying her child was 4yrs old but wasnt trainned b/c she was too busy tieing her shoes and reading, yada yada... Good that that child. I wasnt stating that to place judgement of children that are 3yrs and not potty trainned and I dont care too much about the wonderful things that child "could" do. I just stated that I personally would like my child trainned by 3yrs
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 2:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yes, Cafe Momers are the worst! I think when it comes to mothering we all have a secret fear that we're not good enough. In order to combat this secret fear, we say and do things to justify our methods and parenting choices. These things usually involve cutting other mothers' down to make ourselves feel superior. I do also think that a lot of it comes from the frustration and oftentimes lack of support that ALL mothers deal with (sahm's, working mom's, single moms, married moms, teen moms). Mothering is VERY VERY DIFFICULT and we are not encouraged to admit this. This is frustrating so rather than find a productive outlet, we tend to lash out at each other. We one-up each other, play the martyr and go on and on about how difficult our lives are compared to each other's or how we have sacrificed such and such because we are such good mothers. It's very juvenile but also a symptom of a larger problem: lack of support.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• So did you actually have a question for this section or should you just write a journal??
    Anonymous

• i posted this in the question answer b/c its what i use the most and its where i read the most of what my statement is about
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 2:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Why are the Anons being so nasty today? There, there is a question for you, Happy?
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• lol but as you can see they always remain ANON. Obviously they aren't women enough to speak on how they feel without hiding...REAL NICE

31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009