Does this sound like healthcare reform to you?

What kind of crazyness is this?

http://mcconnell.senate.gov/record.cfm?id=320943&start=1

Americans were told the purpose of reform was to reduce the cost of health care.

“Instead, Democrat leaders produced a $2.5 trillion, 2,074-page monstrosity that vastly expands government, raises taxes, raises premiums, and wrecks Medicare

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 2:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Still waiting on Republican reform. Oh, there really isn't one that is not kissing up to the industry. Oh well ! I guess nothings is better than something.
    Meca08

Answer by Meca08 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I'll say it again---they are immune from consequence because they have power.

What do you mean Read the Bill? but that could take hours---i cant even understand the language...
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• You know how they have "new math" now in school? Maybe this is an example of new English. Words don't mean what WE thought they meant, we need to get someone from Washington to explain what they really mean today. This bill, about health care reform, does not reform anything. I don't know what to say.....besides it looks like reform = gov't takeover + (taxes or fines). I'm going to have to get a new notebook, and write all these new definitions down so I don't forget what something means.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• "I guess nothings is better than something. "

Okay, tell me the POSITIVE aspects of the current Senate bill. I'm dying to hear about the positive effect it will have on health care in the country.

And then tell me why they need 2000 pages and billions of dollars to cover that one positive thing you can find.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Still waiting on Republican reform. Oh, there really isn't one that is not kissing up to the industry.

Um, tort reform? and allowing Americans to buy health insurance across state lines? That's kissing up? That's what the Republicans had in their bill. The one the Dems would not even look at.

But just look at what the Dems can come up with when they get behind a locked door!! More than 2000 pages of BS that noone wants!!!!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

Do you honestly think the Dems would listen to anything Repubs have to say. They did much of this bill behind closed doors without allowing a single Republican in the room. Repubs have been saying to put regulations on the industry, tort reform and to allow people to buy their insurance across state lines all things that will help. If you have not figured out this is about control and power by now you need to put the Koolaide down.
    Anonymous

• Still waiting on Republican reform

Did you know Republicans offered a plan. It was rejected immediately. Not even a debate??? Did you know Republicans offered up 10 ammendments to the House Bill. NOT one was even debated????

So, let's try this statement again.... Still waiting on Republican reform to be given even a chance for debate

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• ...... to cover that one positive thing you can find.

LOL, is there one positive thing? I would like to know what it is! I haven't heard about that. Do you have a link? LOL
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Anonymous

• Wow, anon :07 has managed to post the ONE POSITIVE THING IN THIS BILL! LOL
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2009