Anyone else have an incompetent cervix?

Yeah, I was diagnosed with it when I had my son too early. I do not want to gain a lot of weight and I want to exercise too but I don't know if my doctor will let me and me having an incompetent cervix. Did you exercise? I am mainly talking about walking not jumping jacks or anything LOL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, but I have an incompetent husband!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• my couin has an incompetent cervix, and she had it sewn shut, and has been on bed rest for the past 6 months (she is due in february) your dr might put you on bed rest, idk. just talk to you dr.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I had a friend that lost her son due to incompetent cervix too. When she got pregnant again, they put a stich in the cervix to keep it closed right around 12-14 weeks. She was then on restricted duty until about 7 months and then it was bed rest until the end. She said it sucks, but coming home with a healthy baby makes it worth it.
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 4:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• no exercise including walking once there is cervical change but talk to your dr.
    Anonymous

• My friend had that and after about 2 yrs after she gave birth, ended up with a severly prolapsed uterus and had to have a partial hystorectomy.....
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I had a miscarriage at 16 weeks, then a cerclage at 14 weeks for next pregnancy. I was on bedrest right after the cerclage until delivery. No sex and all horizontal. I had to have a second cerclage at 20 weeks. My daughter was born at 32 weeks.
    GirlsLovePink

Answer by GirlsLovePink at 10:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2010