Buying gifts for SO

Me and this guy have been talking for a little while (couple mths) he's not my boyfriend yet because we're taking it slow. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to get him a gift for Christmas. And if I should, what would be a good gift idea?

Krystle21

Asked by Krystle21 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it would be ok to get him a gift, but don't be upset if he didn't get you one since ya'll are not officially bf/gf. I say get him something practical, like houseshoes, a robe, a blanket, etc. That way it won't be too expensive and you know he will use it. Hope I could help.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 2:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It would be fine, but I'd keep it inexpensive. If you are baking cookies give him a plate of those. That would be an "I'm thinking of you" but "I didn't go too far out of my way" gift. It will be nice, and he won't have to feel bad if he didn't get something for you.
    Anonymous

• Im not expecting him to get me anything because we havent discussed it. I was thinking of getting him a shirt and some cologne. Does that sound ok?
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Maybe not the cologne (too personal, too much like something a girlfriend would buy). When I was barely dating my husband I just got him little gifts, like a CD or a book. I remember I broke a plastic hook at his apt. and for Valentine's Day, I bought him a new one. Stuff like that.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• shirt and colone is too much. whatever dessert you make best --- just make that for him. remember the way to a mans heart is through his stomache. dont show too much investment.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I agree, bake him something or cook him something, get maybe a CD of his favorite band or something.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Id probably just get him a card.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 3:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2009