Has anyone here ever worked for a daycare and had your children there?

Do you get an employee discount? How did it work out having them there and dealing with other kids all day? I'm curious because after having 3 kids I don't think I'll ever be able to make anything better of myself til they're grown and I really would like to work. It would be nice to have them close by also.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, they normally give a discount on your children's care. All the centers I've ever known anything about though won't have you in the same area as your children and will ask that if there is something going on with your child to not interfere. That clinched refusing a daycare job offer for me two years ago. You can apply and ask how things would go if you have your children there. Good luck. I know how hard it is to feel like you won't' have a rewarding job until the children are all moved out.
    Anonymous

• I run a daycare from my home, and I make a LOT more money working for myself and owning my own business than I would if I worked at a center. If you have the patience for it, it can be a very rewarding CAREER! ~ Check out some of the groups for Home Daycare Providers.....
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 2:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2009