Did you honestly not know before becoming a mother.....

That babies and children do not sleep through the night?
That children wet the beds until they are ten sometimes?
That breast may be best, but formula fed is better than dead?
That you have to protect your child from bullies and stand up for them and make serious decisions and not leave it up to the doctors????
This is my WTF for the day. WTF is wrong with parents nowdays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is mind bogglin isnt it? I guess some moms just expect to have perfect babies and are flrustrated when they find out that their baby cries all night & has blow out daipers, has tantrums, won't eat anything, throws their food on the floor, & pukes all over the place.

I guess some peoples expectations are so high, that they end up being disappointed & confused when their normal babies/children take a lot of work. Some really expect it to be easy, & it never is. It always takes a lot of work regardless if you stay at home or work full time.

I really wonder too "do they not know?"

Some are sadly & extremely unprepared....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• That parents need to learn parenting skills, spanking and time-outs don't work
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• seriously! i dont understand sometimes how people can be so dumb founded about motherhood. like you have some mothers complaining about their kids having temper tantrums, or being hyper at times! like why do you have children?!
    Anonymous

• Its amazing to see how much time people will spend researching what color nursery they want and what kind of bedding but not basic information about pregnancy, birth or children. Most of the things people complain about are perfectly normal things that you should expect when raising a child. Doctors do not always know whats best at all, they are human beings that make mistakes like anyone else.
    I will never understand it.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I CANT STAND WHEN PEOPLE POP OUT A KID ONCE A YEAR AND CANT AFFORD THE FIRST CHILD OR TAKE CARE OF THE FIRST CHILD AND THEY HAVE KIDS EVERY YEAR FOR LIKE 3-4 YEARS!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Sometimes we don't know until we actually go through it in our minds we think OH! not my kid they are going to be well behaived...yeah right GL with that one.
    Anonymous

• It's easy to say this kind of thing but no one could ever possibly imagine before having children that tantrums can go on for a very long time sometimes or that bed wetting can go on until age 10. That last one would signal a real problem, not just bad bladder control.
    Anonymous

• honestly, i was 16 when I had my first. And I had no clue what to do with a baby. When I got pregnant I was immature, irresponsible and made some poor decisions. But my son is now 11, and he gets great grades, he's healthy, he's a great kid. I'm proud of myself, I changed a LOT after I found out I was pregnant. For his father, I cant say the same because I havent seen him since the day I told him I was pregnant. I'm married to my soul mate, and hes my son's daddy. Always will be. We have 3 other kids together now, and even though I didn't know what to do with a baby at first, or thnk about what I was going to go through raising him, I'm glad I tried. cause I couldn't live without him today,
    Anonymous

• But, we're all capable of learning how to be great moms. As anon 2:48 points out, you dont always know what you're getting yourself into, but god does not put anything in front of you that you cannot handle. I think that even though some moms have no clue, that they certainly can learn through experience how to be a wonderful mom.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• These are the same people who believe "you can't get pregnant on the first time" and other BS. Yeah, I knew all that stuff and still had a couple of kids.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2009