Russians confirm that UK climate scientists manipulated data to exaggerate global warming

Climategate just got much, much bigger. And all thanks to the Russians who, with perfect timing, dropped this bombshell just as the world’s leaders are gathering in Copenhagen to discuss ways of carbon-taxing us all back to the dark ages.

On Tuesday, the Moscow-based Institute of Economic Analysis (IEA) issued a report claiming that the Hadley Center for Climate Change based at the headquarters of the British Meteorological Office in Exeter (Devon, England) had tampered with Russian-climate data.

Why fake numbers if global warming is real?

Why lie?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wish I thought of this scam before Gore did!! Damnit!!
    Anonymous

• http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100020126/climategate-goes-serial-now-the-russians-confirm-that-uk-climate-scientists-manipulated-data-to-exaggerate-global-warming/
    Anonymous

• What a surprise.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• But, but, but...  Just because they lied, it doesn't mean it isn't true!  Just because the faked the facts, doesn't mean the world isn't getting warmer!  You have to BELIEVE! 

Anonymous

• I gave all my believing abilities to Tinkerbell to keep her alive......
    Anonymous

• I haven't seen the Russian report, but I have to take their credibility with a lot of grains of salt. Russia is still a state-controlled nation, no matter what they say, and they have a huge agenda. So I will have to go with I am not sure if I buy it or not, because i have heard this from other sources besides the Russians. Hell, Jessie Ventura was focused on that last night. (I know, but he is entertaining, in his Very Serious Voice and his Very Serious Ponytail)

The Russians are not our friends. They are the friends of NO ONE. Remember that when crowing over the things they "expose". I don't doubt that some fudging went on, but I don't consider them a truly unbiased totally credible with-no-hesitations source.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 3:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• If you want to see the Russian report, Lili, it's linked at the end of the article. Of course, you would have to first read the article.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Clairwil

Answer by Clairwil at 3:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• But, but, they couldn't make any money if they didn't lie about this!!! And, there is sooooo much money out there to scam from the poor unsuspectlng people, that it wouldn't be right to not lie and take it......
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Russia along with many reputable scientists from around the rest of the world.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2009