Is there a natural way to make it stop?

I have very irregular periods, and have seen specialists about it, etc. But I've been on my period for close to a month straight now - w/ just a few days break. But my doctor can't see me for 3 months (March 3rd!), so I am wondering if there might be a natural way to end my period. I'm not worried about anemia or too much blood loss - my flow's been fairly light - but it is just annoying as hell and I'd like to have some rest from it! Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Health

• There is a Chinese herb called dong kwai (dung quay, many different spellings). It may help provide balace. You may want to find an herbalist or natropath in your area.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Stop? No, not naturally. If you're done having children, I would look into an endometrial ablation. I had HTA (hydrothermal ablation) done in October, and haven't had my period back. The procedure was super easy, even though I was terrified to do it. So far, I'm really glad I did it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• OP - I don't mean stop permanently - just this cycle. Its been going on so long I feel like I am going crazy. Plus, the $$$ I'm spending on tampons is getting ridiculous.
    Anonymous