is there any moms out there who have or had postpartum depression?

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Health

• Yes I did, although it took 6 months to figure out it. Meds helped me a lot, and I was able to wean off of them right after my son's first birthday. Now I'm doing fine!
    Don't feel like you are alone and don't be afraid to seek help from your doctor-- meds and/or a counselor can really help you get back to your normal self! :)
    Dove14

Answer by Dove14 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yes I did with both my girls.
    Anonymous

• I lost my daughter, Kaylynn 7 months into my pregnancy and 2 months later i became pregnant with my beautiful, fun loving son Conner :) I have to say not a day goes by that i dont think about that perfect little girl. Each night when i close my eyes i relive the day i lost my angel girl. My heart breakes over and over. I can call that depression but what good does labeling it do... As a mother you know that we have to carry on and be the rock that everyone needs us to be. Its hard but we do it.

angel

31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yes. I had postpartum pretty bad. I already dealt with depression and anxiety prior to becoming pregnant, so I knew postpartum was pretty much a given. Post pregnancy, it got so bad I had to go into the hospital twice. It was obvious antidepressants alone were not working. Currently, I see a great psychiatrist monthly and am on two meds that work pretty well.
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2009