what to do ?

my son came home from the school the other day complaining he didn't have any crayons. when I knew I bought them the begining of this yr.. So I asked him what happened to his crayons he said " I borrowed them to his friends and they won't let me borrow them back"... I wrote his first name on the crayons & everything else so I didn't have this problem

SO MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I JUST GET HIM MORE CRAYONS IN FORGET IT ? OR SHOULD I WRITE A LETTER TO THE TEACHER TELLING HER WHAT IS GOING ON?

meNmine

Asked by meNmine at 3:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in

• I would let the teacher know so she can be aware that this other student is also out of crayons and let that students parents know that hemay need more. Be prepared you will probably still have to get your son some more crayons
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:08 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would write a letter to the teacher. The other child needs to understand they borrowed them. They are not for them to keep.
    Anonymous

• I would buy him more. If it happens again I would contact the teacher.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Your son should ask the teacher to intervene. If he is not comfortable doing this himself, then you should go with to the meeting to provide moral support.

Children need to learn to speak for themselves and stand up for themselves.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Are we talking an $.89 box of crayons? I would have bought several boxes when they were on sale in July. If something like this came up I would have crayons ready.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

LOL you are so brilliant.

OP I would just call the teacher and let her know the situation. If the crayons are gone then you can buy some new ones. Next year buy 20 boxes of crayons like Gailll so you can be prepared.lol
    Anonymous

• I always buy several boxes when they go on sale at school time for situations like this. I would send him another box but would also let the teacher know what's up

Answer by admckenzie at 3:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I would get him more crayons but also talk to the teacher about what happened. I bought extra crayons when they wre on sale and always had extras.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• THANK YOU for all of your answers. I will buy him new crayons and write a note to the teacher letting her know the problem ..
    would let the teacher know so she can be aware that this other student is also out of crayons and let that students parents know that he may need more. Be prepared you will probably still have to get your son some more crayons
    meNmine

Answer by meNmine at 11:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2009