Do you think 28 is 'young' for a first-time mom?

I had my first recently at 28. Many of my friends have commented that I"m 'so young.' Since when is a first baby at 28 considered young? I know we're living much longer but not everyone wants to have kids at 40!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope that is not "Young" 17 is "Young" I think 28 is perfect! I had my first at 43 - so I am an "Old" mom..LOL!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I've gotten what made you decide to wait so long. It is different in everyone's eyes. You just tell them. What is right for me, may not be right for you.
    Anonymous

• Wow. I actually think that 28 is a little bit on the older side, personally. I want to be done by the time I'm 35. I don't think there's anything WRONG with havng a baby at 28, but I dont' think it's terribly young. It does seem like most women wait until they're in their 30's before starting a family these days, though.

FYI, I was 20 when I had my first lol. I guess I was just a baby when I had mine!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I know that the age for a mother has changed so much over the years. I was talking to a friend's mom recently who said she was the oldest to have kids in her group of friends and she was 29! I'm 28 and I know I look young, but I really don't think it's too young to be a first-time mom! I already finished college and grad school! WHy wait forever and then worry that you may have to pay for fertility treatments? I can't afford that!
    Anonymous

• Look at it this way: When you are 38 your child will be 10.
    When my Mom was 38, I was grown up and off to college (18).

I don't think 28 is young, but not old either.
    Anonymous

• I think 28 is the perfect age, well it was for me. I had been with my DH for 5 years, married 1 and we spent 3 years working on our house. I would have had children younger if I had met my DH sooner.
    Anonymous

• Hahaha, LOL I think it is actually kind of "old" Not really OLD, but older! Especially with the YOUNG moms now being like 13-14-15!!!

Congrats on the new baby, though, I bet you're going to be a great mom, no matter what age you are!
    Anonymous

• WOW! 28 is NOT "young"!!! I had my DD when I was 20 and plan on being DONE having kids (hopefully at LEAST 3) by 27!!!! And who cares what they think!? :-)
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Seriously... are you just trying to get attention or a pat on ur back for waiting!?!?

I was 23 when i had my first child and for me it was the perfect time in my life!

I suppose to each its own.

That was just a pretty dumb question to me!

31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Imho I think that's actually an "older age" to just be starting, but great if it works for you!

I'm 23, my husband is 25, our son will be 3 in January and don't turn 24 til March and dh turns 26 in April. That must mean we were babies if you were young. lol
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2009