Just woundering

I went in to listen to the babys heartbeat the other day and the doctor told me that the baby is behind the placenta so what does that mean?all he heard was the placenta.This does worry me but my doctor didnt seem to really worry about it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how many weeks pregnant are you?
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• The placenta is loud and sounds like a whooshing sound, almost like an the ocean waves breaking on the beach. Do you have an appointment again soon?
    VogueMum

Answer by VogueMum at 3:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• The placenta can "wash out" the sound of your baby, which may be what she was talking about. I agree w/ Stef, how many weeks are you??
    Anonymous

• I agree with the other posters.
    If your doctor isn't worried, you shouldn't be either. They will do an ultrasound to check on Baby is they need to.
    Dove14

Answer by Dove14 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• if you arent too far along like only a few wks. the placenta can move.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It's called an anterior placenta. It just means the placenta is between your belly and the baby. It is not harmful at all. You can still deliver perfectly naturally. The only thing it affects is that you wont hear the babys heartbeat til farther along...And you probably wont feel the baby kick as soon, if at all (thats what is the deal with a LOT of those "I didnt know I was pregnant" women)....Dont worry about it ;-D
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I am almost 3 months...Thanks ma2b08
    singlemom1226

Answer by singlemom1226 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• well everytime i hear my babys heartbeat the doctor usually takes about like 5 min because the placenta has a pulse as well as your baby but once you hear your babys heart beat its sounds different that the placenta pulse. talk to your doctor if you are worried as her to let you hear your babys heartbeat.
    mayramommy1991

Answer by mayramommy1991 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010