Is anyone else's babysitter odd at times? (Not dangerously so)

I just started working like 2 months ago and so we found a babysitter that is near my husbands work. She is an older lady, kind, her house has a nice homey feel, she is hands on and we really like her. The other day I went to pick up my son, who is 19 mo. And he was sleeping under the coffee table. I said something about it and she said that she ALWAYS has all the kids she watches sleep under there because her biggest fear is that we will have an earthquake and the kids will get smashed. We live in AZ up in the Mountians.....harmless, but weird....anyone else ever have experiences like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh that makes me giggle. It sounds like the only time she takes her eyes off of him is when he is sleeping. SO CUTE.
    A little weird but nothing to worry about.
    I had a babysitter once who left water boiling on the backburner the WHOLE time so she could just plop my sons binky in there every time he dropped it on the floor. lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Sorry that made me LOL a little! Mine insist I put a hat on my baby at all times - she is terrified that my baby will get sick - in 70 degree weather even!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i think it is something about those tables mu kids and my little brothers and sisters have always slept under the coffee table no harm in it. at least he napped. lol
    kyle84niki

Answer by kyle84niki at 4:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• lol that is funny...atleast you kind of know that she hinks of odd things that can happen and she would be more protective and such. My grandma is kind of like that...she worries about things like mattresses and that they can get a skin infection if I wash my 3 year olds clothes with mine lol...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 4:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I've never heard that reasoning, it's a little odd considering where you live. But I will say that both my kids loved to be under the coffee table until we had to move it out of the living room. When I thought about it I remembered I used to do that when I was younger too. I think it's probably more of a kid thing.
    Anonymous

• Awww, funny situation. Yes a little odd, but older people always tend to have odd little quirks. If your son is taken care of I would laugh this off. He probably enjoys being able to "camp out" in weird spots!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I think a lot of older people have quirks like that. I've had a few babysitters that are odd. But eveyone is odd in their own way, don't you think.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It's odd, but cute. I love old people.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2009