When was Jesus born?

Many say christmas, but some others say Spring...which is more accurate and can you back yourself up?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 4:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• he was born about 2000 years ago
    Anonymous

• I don't think anyone knows for sure! :) My thoughts? It doesn't really matter when, it only matters that He was born! :)
    Merry Christmas to you!
    Dove14

Answer by Dove14 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I dont know.... I really doubt it was Dec 25, but thats when we celebrate it anyway.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I was just reading articles regarding this same question the other day... so I started googling around...LOL... here is a page that I found that claims Jesus was born in June....

HERE

Interesting to say the least, but as we know this isn't the only date being given, there is also early spring April or May...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• IIRC, someone (shane or NL maybe?) has a list of scriptures that lean towards fall, too. I think about the only thing that can be said for sure is that it wasn't December. Go figure.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Who really knows, I would just like to know why December 25th.

I have heard many dates between april and september.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This date was chosen to blend the Pagan festivals of that season into Christianity to encourage the Pagans to convert...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Thanks gmasboy, I know that part of it but just don't understand the trickery. I know the pagans celebrated the "sun god" and the green ferns etc.. But why December 25th... Why create a lie just to "convert" others and then lie to people and make them celebrate something that is not true or even close. It gives Christianity a very bad name and false teachings.

I have read alot about it myself and gave myself a good history lesson on this and St. Nick but I still don't get it LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It gives Christianity a very bad name and false teachings.

It's just one of many things - most people who converted to Christianity didn't do so of their own free will. They were forced or bribed, or they were property and not given a choice. After enough generations live "in captivity" they forget that they ever had a choice.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• its just one of the many many many lies.. so its no biggie.
    Anonymous