how much electricity does a tv waste?

my husband has went to midnight shift... so me and the kids are alone at night...he started back in september...and so ever since then I have left the tv in the bedroom on and the bathroom light on...

He is throwing a fit, saying I need to hav every light, everything besides the alarm clock off because it is wasting money...because our bill has went up $20 in the last month...I think he is being an idiot...I have done this since september and the bill just now went up -- I try to tell him that its because we have tons of christmas lights on and the heathas been on alot...that is why its up...and the fact that it is only $20 -- It just makes me mad....I have tried to sleep without them but I cannot fall asleep ..I have literally not been able to fall asleep until atleast 5, sometimes 7am FOR WEEKS !!! He knows this and still keeps complaining

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know, but our electricity bill went down $40 a month when we started turning off our computer at night!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 4:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• yeah but ours has only been like $55 since we moved in and now it has went up $20 since we put up christmas lights and using the heat more.....it isnt hard to see THAT is why the bill went up....I dont see why he has to be such an ass if it is something that little that can help me get atleast 3 hours of sleep a night...
    Anonymous

• Depends on the TV a large TV can raise a bill by 20-30 a month.
    Anonymous

• When did you put up christmas lights? isn't it too soon to already be getting the bill for that? Unless you put them up really early. Is your heater electric? Ours is gas and I hate it!!
    Anonymous

• our lights went up in november...and everything is electric...it is like a 15 inch tv.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Dec. 18, 2009