Is it true in Osceola Cty Ele Schools teachers can be given permission to hit their students with written parental consent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You should look up Corporal Punishmet by state. I know that here in the state of New Mexico it is permitted with parental consent.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 4:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i want my kid to go to that school! and a bunch of kids that i went to school with lol!!!!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• In Alabama, the school can give them spankings if they have the parent's consent. That used to not be back in my days. We got a whipping at school AND at home if we were bad!! lol
    QueenBee319

Answer by QueenBee319 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I doubt the teacher can, but school administration can. Corporalpunishment is legal in FL and many other states. It's just not widely used.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 8:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• There are atleast 15 states that allow school staff to use corporal punishment with parental consent. NO school wouldn't EVER get consent to use corporal punishment, EVER.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Ha, ha, I went to school in Osceola Cty, and I always filled out all the paper work on the first day of school. My mom would just sign it after I filled it all in, and I always checked no on the corporal punishment papers. (My mom never would have allowed it anyways.) Eventually when I learned how to sign my moms name, she never even saw the paper work. I filled it all out, signed it for her, and turned it in the next day. (Just to be clear, my mom was not lazy, but she did have 4 girls in school at the same time, so filling out 4 sets of paper work was a daunting and repetitive task for her.)
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2009