Would you be hurt?

Would you be hurt if your husband told you he didn't marry you for your looks? That it's a god thing he loves you. I was upset when he said this to me and he said I'm being vain everyone's looks fade. I told him that my dad tells my mom everyday that he loves her and she is still the prettiest women he's ever met.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• depends on how and when it was said.

we have been married for 16 yrs and are in our 40s.... we often laugh at how we have changed and often say to each other thank God we married for personality. Because we are no where near as hot as we once were.

some times men can have the deepest most endearing thoughts.... then fuck it all up with their mouth. Im sure he meant it in the most genuine of ways
    Anonymous

• eh...not anymore, he met me and wanted to date me because i liked the way he looked and he liked the way i looked. He married me after the dating part because we got to know each other more and loved each other.

so im guessing he wouldnt want me to gain 1000 pounds but if i did..he might be ok with it.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yes. But I am easily hurt and tend to take things the wrong way or twist them around.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• The way I would take that is he married me out of love, but doesn't find me attractive. "It's a good thing he loves you". Yea, I would be offended by that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I'm more offended by the comment "It's a good thing he loves you". I'm sorry this happened Honey.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i agree with robsmommy. i can't believe he'd say it's a good thing he loves you. what the hell is that supposed to mean? he's no brad pitt so he shouldn't be putting you down. i would be offended. im not a hottie but my bf tells me im beautiful all the time. even when i know im not. he should apoligize. he makes you seem like your horrible looking. which im sure you aren't. im sorry he said that and don't feel bad about yourself because he was being a inconsiderate prick.
    Anonymous

• My husband often tells me that I am beautiful, I am the one who has a hard time believing it.

If my hubby said that to me, I would assume he was giving me a compliment. Saying that my looks were not the ONLY reason he married me, that he loved me for my heart and mind also.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2009