pooping need help

my 3 yr old is pretty much potty trained except for the pooping part what can i d if there is anything to get her to poop in the potty im so tried of changeing poopy underwear

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• is the pooping an awareness thing (she doesn't know til its too late)? or a "choice"?
    awareness = set up poopy breaks (call it whatever you want)... same time every day, even if you don't think you have to go, sit on the potty and try.
    choice = sticker chart.
    step one: every time she uses the potty she gets a sticker, 10 stickers (regardless of how long it takes) she gets something special
    step two: once shes consistently achieving step one, 1 week of stickers (no accidents~ if she has an accident start the week over but don't wait til the next week to start... ie sunday :), mon:), tues:( ok now the week is tues-mon... basically 1 week = 7 days) = special thing
    step three: once she's getting step two consistently lengthen the time 2 weeks, 3 weeks...
    step 4: 1 month with NO accidents = shopping trip for big girl panties

the key is to praise the + and not guilt trip the kid
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 7:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• If she poops in her underwear, she has to help clean them out. I did this with my son and it eventually started to work, he hated helping me clean the poopy undies as much as I hated doing it!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2009