Planning a trip, anybody have any ideas?

We are planning a trip to the northwestern US in late April and we don't know much about the area. We will be stopping in Denver to drop of our son so somewhere north and/or west of there. Also, we are driving, so we aren't dependent on there being an airport. I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

CaLizzyMom

Asked by CaLizzyMom at 5:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Travel

• How northwestern are we talking?

I live in WA state and there are actually lots of cool things to do here! It also realllllly depends on what you're into though... LOL
    Anonymous

• I'm open to suggestions, its a road trip/second honeymoon for us (we did a road trip for our first honeymoon, too). I just need some ideas...Thanks!
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 6:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Crater Lake in Oregon is neat, as is Oregon Caves National Park (or maybe it's National Monument). Seattle has lots to do.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I suggest going to the Black Hills, and into Wyoming. The Black Hills are great, we went there on our honeymoon, and again 5 years later, and have decided to go every 5 years for our family vacation. (Black Hills = Rapid City, Deadwood, and soooo much more - it's a huge area, more than it sounds like!)
    Anonymous

• I've actually been to Crater lake before, about 20 years ago, but hubby has never been up that way. I have thought about the Black Hills, my mom and I were just talking about that yesterday. Thanks for all your answers.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• google all the cities/towns/states you are going to . They all have websites now for tourists and you can have them send some written information too. AAA has guide books that are very helpful. You could also check the the libraries travel section or a bookstore for info. Me? I would be checking for restaurants featured on Diners,Drive-in's and Dives. And I would make sure I hit Forks, Wa. The home of "bella" and the twilight gang!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2009