nap time

My son is 13 months old, do you think its too early for him to want to go to 1 nap a day. Before he would nap from 10-12 and 3-5. The past few days he has faught me so hard when going down for his naps. He will sit in there and talk for an hour before going to sleep for each nap. He is also sleeping less at night. If I do go to just 1 nap a day, should I just do it, or is there a way I can slowly do it? Thanks

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 5:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What does going down for a nap mean?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Try putting him down at noon. Every child is different and there is all kinds of different ways!
    TBSNBubblegum

Answer by TBSNBubblegum at 6:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Mine stopped taking 2 naps a day when he was about 11 months old, heh. He just didn't want to do it, and would cry hysterically the entire time I'd try to put him down. Now, he takes a 2 hour nap around noon, and everybody's happy :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I'm a big believer in if they don't want to take a nap, don't make them. If he's acting like he's only wanting one nap a day, then let him. I'd cut the morning one and lay him down for a nap right after lunch.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I haven't made it that far yet... only 6 months for me so far lol. But it probably would be fine.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It's definitely a reasonable age to make the transition.

I knew my girl was ready when for about 3 days in a row she stayed awake through her morning nap, and still kept a happy and chipper temperament despite the lack of sleep.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• my son did that too about that age, he wanted to stay awake and play at nap times...so one day i had enough and just layed him down at noon now he takes one nap everyday noon to 2 seem to help with night as well no whe sleeps from 8 to 7 at night.......took him a few days to realize he was only getting one nap so he better take it when he had the chance
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 8:32 AM on Dec. 18, 2009