Is it true that if you're not married by 30 it's 'for a reason?"

All of my husband's guy friends (in their early 30''s) date much younger women because they say that the women who haven't been snatched up already who are their age are single 'for a reason.' Meaning, they are screwed up or undesirable! Do you think it's true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Uhh, no. Some women actually CHOOSE not to get married to any random schmuck, or choose not to get married at all, period. I was married at 19, divorced at 29. I have no desire to ever get married again. I'm happily living in sin (with a guy younger than me, even), but as far as I'm concerned, marriage is not even on my wish list of "things to do".

Guys in their 30's or older who date much younger women just are afraid of dating somebody who can be their equal in every way. They prefer to feel superior.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I think thats true for many people, not nec. that they are screwed up. But maybe had bad dating history, or WANT to be unattached. maybe career oriented, or yes they are the almighty pain in the ass!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• My husband is 12 years older than me, and he doesn't think of himself as superior. Maybe some men do.
    Anonymous

• I would think it is because they are taking thier time to make a wise choice and not just get married for the sake of getting married.
    Anonymous

• for my SIL...yes! she's mean, rude, cruel, and god knows what else. how's she suppose to find someone with that attitude?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• The majority of women I know were married in their late 20s or ealy 30s... we have all been married between 20-10 yrs.

We went to college, got our carreers going, figured out who we were and what we wanted in life....... THEN went looking for it.

I would hate to see who I would have ended up with had I made that choice when I was in my early 20s.
    Anonymous

• No, that's silly. I'd ask them what it is that's wrong with them then, since they're ALSO not married at 30!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• LOL, that's funny. No, it means that good men are scarce and they are picky about who they marry! It means those women are smart.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I don't know!! I have 3 cousins (all from the same family) 2 girls and a boy, and they ALL got married at age 29!!
    HeatherM0529

Answer by HeatherM0529 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• There's always a REASON for everything.

For me the reason was...I didn't WANT to be married in my early 20s. No thanks, not interested. I had better things to do with my life at that time. (And at the time, children were NOT in the plan.)

Answer by gdiamante at 6:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2009