Feeling kind of worthless...not really a ??

At times, I feel somewhat worthless because I have yet to get my degree. All of the $$ I put towards it and here I am taking a time out. When will I go back? Before when I attended school, I dealt with much depression and anxiety which made it difficult to get tasks completed and to also focus my attention while in class. I only have maybe two semesters at the most to finish, but I am just so afraid of not really being mentally ready to deal with school again. I am on meds now and they seem to be working a bit. All of the failure of the years in school (literally one semester F's and the next A's) all because of my energy level just not being there. Just do not know if I will ever be at that place mentally to continue and I feel like crap b/c I need to, but am afraid I will not be capable of following through yet again. Just needed to get this out of my system.

dani2780

Asked by dani2780 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in

• hugsThey say that the Great Wall of China was built one brick at a time. Just take each class and semester one at a time. You will eventually get there. I was a single mom with 3 kids and no child support so it took me 25 YEARS to get my first degree. I kept having to put it off but I finally got there. Feeling worthless? Yup I was there too. Depressed and anxious? Yup. Went through it all. In the end I now have 5 degrees and I now know my worth. Hang in there. You will find your worth too and I'm sure quicker than I did.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I so appreciate those kind, encouraging words. Gees man---5 degrees? You must really love ya some edujamahkayshun!
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• The greatest journeys in life start with a single step :D I know how society tries to make us feel like shit if we don't have PhDs or whatever. But at least you're halfway there, that's more than I can even say. My older brother did school for five years and never graduated, he piddled away at parties and wasted his money and ended up doing something totally different. That's one reason I've waited to go to school, I don't want to go until I know for sure that I'm ready. There's nothing wrong with taking a break and regrouping.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I feel like this...I mean my god I am 31 I have three kids and STILL IN SCHOOL! SIGH I try to focus on what I have done thats good and many moms won't even consider a better career through school....SOmetimes a break is needed to refresh yourself but I would maybe do a time limit like 1 semester. Do not stay out too long because it makes it harder to get the school groove back! I just started a FT program for Medical radiography so thats intense but I would take classes while I waited to start the program just to stay in school. WHere I am at the wait is like 5 years for this program so YES it feels like I have ben in school forever and will never finish! 18mos to go! LOL

Also acknolege your accomplishments....You are almost done!!! YAY:)
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Congrats to you too for staying with school---regardless of how long it takes!
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

Next question in
Bus Question