My boyfriend is very critical of me sometimes...

I've been with my boyfriend about 2 1/2 years now, we just had a baby this past march. I'm in love with the guy but he can be very critical of me and tells me everything I'm doing wrong at times. Lately we haven't been affectionate towards one another so maybe I am taking it the wrong way..if he complimented me a little more maybe I wouldnt take him so seriously. He's a lot older than me so he asumes he knows what he's talking about but..come on. I just stood up for myself today and he got all pissed and turned it around on me and left to pick up his girls from school...its been over an hour. I just wish I didn't care so much. I need to get out of the house, seriously I look in the mirror at times and think I've lost myself I'm not the same woman and maybe thats why I get so emotional

Nobashing please...

AlexxasMama

Asked by AlexxasMama at 6:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Look up the word Narcissist. He also sounds passive-aggressive. It sounds like that is what he is and he found a young woman he thinks he can mold into a Stepford Wife. Sorry but that's my opinion of men who find young women. He'll try to break down your self confidence by the constant criticism then try to make you think like him. When you don't he'll punish you with leaving (like today) or more criticism. Right or wrong, he's not going to forgive you for standing up to him (challenging the king - how dare you? that is how men like him think) until you apologize even if you are right. Good luck
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first answer.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 6:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• that is my ex in a nutshell- took him a couple of years to really turn on me... after we had out first child together. then after a while he became extremely violent... i agree wholeheartedly with what PP said.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• most of the time older men date younger women for control reasons... it sounds like hes upset your kind of putting a stop to the control issue
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 6:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• There are reasons older men choose younger women.
    Anonymous