i need help- asap__ csection question

i had a csection the 3rd, the right side of it is "gooing" yellowish/brown, and i took a qtip to wipe the goo off, and bright red blood came off on it. i just had my sister in law look at it. and she said it looks like it s open some..my doc wont call me back ..what should i do? im not hurting at all, no fever. please i really need advice!!

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 6:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Health

• Someone earlier suggested going to or calling the hospital. Did you try calling them?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• That sounds infected.
    Anonymous

• It sounds infected. If you can't get ahold of the doc, go to the hospital. Until then, I would prob put some gauze over it lightly to protect it. If they used stitches, do not use anitbiotic cream. But I would definately have it looked at.
    adove01

Answer by adove01 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I am not a Doctor but I can tell you that my C section scar never did or looked like that. Especially the yellow goo coming off of it. the bright red blood could just be from the scab portion but I wouldnt risk it with the other symptoms you are experiencing. Hope you heal quickly! Good luck!
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I had that happen to me, mine was so bad my sister told me it looked like an open wound. I was too afraid to look. The nurse came to my house, and said I would be fine, she said to put neosporin on it and then tape gauze over it. I had to change it, 2-3 times a day, and I was fine.
    Anonymous

• How long have you been waiting for the doctor to call you back? You say you aren't having a fever or pain...so I would give the doctor a little bit more time.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Call the OB department at the hospital that you had your C-Section at. It might be that your doctor is 'signed out' meaning another doctor is taking his patients while he is gone. So if you call the hospital they will be able to find the right doctor or get your doctor for you.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Maybe a little infection, but bruising is common as well, any fever??
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i would go get it looked at asap, go in to the er if you need to, i have never had a csection so i honestly cant say if its normal or not, but i do know a serious infection could get in to your blood and cause many more problems and even be life threatening, i dont think i would be satified with a simple call from the dr i would need to go get it checked out but i also freak about everything lol
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 7:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2009