blood!?!?!

I put on a pad cause I was having so much discharge.. I went grocery shopping and my back started like cramping up so I came home. I was there about 30 minutes. I got home and went pee and the pad had what looked like a dry blood spot. IS this normal? im 39 weeks.... Should I go get checked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It may be part of your mucous plug. You don't need to be checked yet. You may go into labor soon or it could still be days or weeks.

Congratulations!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• :( I Lost my plug weeks ago... Could it still be something having to do with that?
    Anonymous

• Your plug grows back if you lose it early. A lot of women dont know that. Also, you can lose part or most of your plug and the extra regenerates itself. But at 39 weeks, the only real reason to go is if you think you are in labor. Good luck mama!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yes it could still be part of the plug. It almost never comes out in one huge chunk and as the cervix thins out more of it comes down. As long as it is just a spot as compared to a whole soaked pad you should be fine. However if being seen would put your mind at ease go ahead and put in a call to your oB. You're always better safe than sorry.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It could have been your cervix bleeding a little from dilation. I would double check with the ob to be for sure.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2009