Peanut Butter Balls???

Im planning on making peanut butter balls for my dad as a x-mas present. My question is the recipe calls for wax, what is it and when do I get it??

my4kids97

Asked by my4kids97 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• It's wax like candles. You can buy it in some grocery stores in the baking sections. I would look for a recipe without wax.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Are you making buckeyes? You need the wax to temper the chocolate - it should be in the baking section in a box.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Try going to allrecipes.com and looking up buckeye balls. You don't need wax and they are amazing. The only "wax" this will call for is wax paper to let the balls sit on while the chocolate hardens.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I have made two batches of buckeyes and all I used was a tablespoon of shortening with one bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and it worked like a dream. Everyone is requesting more. LOL. But if you want the wax, it is Parafin Wax.
    nicholewalters

Answer by nicholewalters at 1:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2009