Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Peanut Butter Balls???

Im planning on making peanut butter balls for my dad as a x-mas present. My question is the recipe calls for wax, what is it and when do I get it??

Answer Question

Asked by my4kids97 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • It's wax like candles. You can buy it in some grocery stores in the baking sections. I would look for a recipe without wax.

    Answer by Gailll at 7:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

  • Are you making buckeyes? You need the wax to temper the chocolate - it should be in the baking section in a box.

    Answer by NotPanicking at 7:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

  • Try going to and looking up buckeye balls. You don't need wax and they are amazing. The only "wax" this will call for is wax paper to let the balls sit on while the chocolate hardens.

    Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

  • I have made two batches of buckeyes and all I used was a tablespoon of shortening with one bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and it worked like a dream. Everyone is requesting more. LOL. But if you want the wax, it is Parafin Wax.

    Answer by nicholewalters at 1:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Food & Drink
hwo do u make chicken thighs?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)