What would you do if your friend did this...

We used to talk everyday. When she split with her dh it was like 5 times a day. I was always there for her, no matter what. I would listen to her vent all the time. Well she has a new BF now so we dont talk nearly as much. At first I understood...I mean, she had a new man and wanted to spend time with him. But now its been almost 2 years, she ignores my calls. She even straight up ignored me when I tried to IM her. It ust hurts my feelings so bad....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd cut my losses and write her off. Obviously, she's only willing to be a friend when she needs you... You don't need people like that in your life.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I have a friend who I talk to all the time too. But usually she will only call me if he isn't around. It's not her though it's him. he is very needy when it comes to attention. He wants all her attention when he is home. Kinda chilldish but I've gotten use to it. Try talking to her, tell her you miss her. Is he the jealous type?
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• well jeez. what a not so great friend! i guess i dont understand why she thinks she needs to ignore you all together...well just take the loss and if she needs you when her man dumps her again...i would do what she did to me...but thats just me.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Of course it feels bad, but if she is acting like this I think you should just move on from the friendship and focus your energies on the friends you have who DO respond to your calls and texts!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I agree with the others,and I understand that you are hurt, and sad...probably confused too just realize that the friendship (for whatever reason) is gone. If you have her address then you can send her a holiday and birthday card each year...but don't expect anything in return.
    J1nx

Answer by J1nx at 7:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I have been friends with people like this more than once before, so i get what you're dealing with. What I want to know is, what's so damn difficult about having a boyfriend AND a friend at the same time? I mean, why in the hell be so stupid as to give up other people who care about you all for a man?
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I have a friend who does that too. Every time she's in a relationship. This time her BF doesn't like me, so we haven't talked in 2 years. I'm friends on facebook with her sister, her mom, her dad, and her dad's SO, but still nothing yet from her. I've just given up, but I totally know how you feel. She didn't even come to my wedding, or RSVP at all.
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• it sounds like a crappy sitution, maybe all you need to do is step back and let her come to you, my best friends and i all have a bad habbit of doing this we dont mean too, and whereas we all do it we dont take it personally, we just make sure we do our best to be there for each other and we are happy for each other when they are happy ya know? if we really really need something like to vent or whatever we text each other that it is super important and we know the phone will ring in two seconds, as we grow up our friends become less important and our families become more important good luck
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 12:18 AM on Dec. 18, 2009