Wanting to give up and die

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and am feeling so alone. I don't have anyone to talk to and my bf has not called all day or text like he usually does. I'm so worried about what's going on and I feel like giving up in life because I have no help right now and I have no clue if he is hurt or something. I feel sick to my stomach and haven't been eating enough for the baby. I feel like my life is at a dead end and everything was going great a week ago but now he is acting distant again and it's making me really depressed. I just want the time to go by so I can have my baby and be happy again hopefully.

penguinbabe44

Asked by penguinbabe44 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I felt somewhat the same when I was preggo. I was super sick most of the pregnancy, and just got really depressed. It does get better, but being depressed now can be a bigger chance for PPD. Talk to your OB or MW and let them know... you wont feel this way forever... but it is pretty much the worst feeling ever. Don't make your bf priority right now. I agree with previous posts... get out and do something. take a class, (like a swimming class or something), start going to church (a church family can be super supportive... and if they reject you just cuz you aren't married, that isn't the place... people need to understand you are trying, and things happen.) but you have to be willing to HELP YOURSELF. to wallow in self pity will get you NO WHERE.
    first things first, talk to your doctor. PM me if you want to talk about it and need some moral support! you will get through this, mama!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• You are experiencing the ups and downs of hormones. It's normal. Don't expect to feel all happy when the baby is born. Then you can have hormone problems again. If you breastfeed it can help.

It's harder for expectant mothers that aren't married. You don't have that security.

Try to make some friends. Go to childbirth classes or a La Leche League meeting. Take a knitting or cake decorating class. Get out and do some things you like to do.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Well, just realize that whatever bad feelings you are experiencing will not last forever....You can survive even if your boyfriend is a jerk. No matter what happens with him, there are good times ahead for you and your baby.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It will pass. Just focus on you and the baby. That baby needs you to be strong!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I agree with the op. Your hormones are going crazy and it wont last forever. Do things that make you happy, spend time with your friends, or family, maybe start getting things ready for the baby. I hope you feel better. I don't know if this will help or not but you can send me a message anytime you want to talk and cant find anyone. I really hope you feel better. :)
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• u need to talk to a doctor. women can experience depreesion durring pregnancy. it can be treated, and to avoid PPD
    Anonymous

• I feel for you sweetie! We are here for you to talk to about your troubles. You will be just fine. I agree totally with joining a weekly type of class to get you out and socializing. Take care!
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Prenatal yoga helped me alot. Also when you will have the baby you will see...he's going to be your number one and your boyfriend won't be as important to you. Btdt
    Momdenoe

Answer by Momdenoe at 8:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• You really need to talk to your ob doctor ASAP because after the baby is here the depression can get worse. Please please talk to your doctor.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Your depressed you need to talk to your doctor about it. You need to stay healthy for you and for your baby. Your baby is going to need you to be strong when they are born. I would put more focus on yourself and not make your life about the boyfriend too. Sounds very immature if he is so hot and cold. Seek help and do it quickly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Dec. 18, 2009