I found out I was pregnant and made an appointment with a midwife but they don't want to see me until I'm 10-12 weeks along. I don't remember that being the case with my first. Is this normal?

Spooka

Asked by Spooka at 10:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• some are like that. with my first 3 years ago, they brought me in at 8 weeks but this last one, they didn't want to see me that soon. if you are worried, you can request to move the date up.
    momsamillion

Answer by momsamillion at 11:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Different doctors are different. Many don't schedule your first app until 10-12 weeks because prior to that there's not really anything they can do when you go in other than try and get the heartbeat though sometimes it's too faint to hear. The only time they try to make sure to get you an early app is if you're high risk in which case they schedule for closer to 6 weeks.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• It is, unless you are high risk.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Yeah, most doctors won't see you until you're at least 8 weeks... the only thing they can do before that is give you a blood test anyway. Just take your prenatal vitamins. Congrats!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I am in the same boat right now. Army Hospital (Ft Benning) they are telling me between 9-12 weeks is first appts. I dont like that. I am 5 weeks and I like to see my baby at around 6 to make sure its there. LOL I know it is..I have the sickness to prove it...but its a mother thing you know. Plus I feel different with this baby. So I want to see the baby. I feel like I am having slight pressure on my left side. But I just cant get into the DR for some reason. They tell me I have to go to the ER. And I cant pull my DD with me to the ER, expecially when my husband is on 24hr duty tonight. I know this isnt what you asked exactly....but I felt like venting a little too. LOL Sorry. Hope its ok.
    LisaMarie816

Answer by LisaMarie816 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2008