When should i start pumping if i have breast implants?

I just found out i was pregnant. i was wondering how soon i can start pumping so my breasts don't get even bigger and hurt from my milk. And whats the best way to stop the milk when i decide i'm done breast feeding?

krissayre

Asked by krissayre at 8:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• um you dont get milk in till a few days after the baby is born. alnd you can breastfeed with implants. also how long do you plan on breastfeeding?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I don't know, but i want to pump bc i went from a 34a to 34d so i don't want them to get much bigger. i just don't know how often i should pump and how to stop the milk when i'm done.
    krissayre

Answer by krissayre at 9:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• your breasts get bigger when your pregnant but there is no milk in them till after you give birth. its not a good idea to just pump when you're pregnant becuase nipple stimulation can cause contractions.
    Anonymous

• One of the first things you should do is take a breastfeeding class. Then ask the lactation consultant who is teaching the class about breastfeeding and implants. I am a nurse and work in a hospital nursery. Pumping will not make your breasts stay any smaller. You should establish breastfeeding before you decide to start pumping. If you try to pump the first few days after birth, you may not get very much if anything at all. Your baby is a better pump. When you decide to stop breastfeeding, you can start by skipping certain feeds gradually. Or you can try to stop all together, which may cause you to get engorged and be very sore. You should get in touch with the hospital you are delivering at and see if they offer any classes or get a book on breastfeeding. Hope this helps.
    RNCindyS

Answer by RNCindyS at 10:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• NO PUMPING WHILE PREGNAT!! AT ALL IT BRING ON CONTRACTIONS AND CAN BE BRING LABOR!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2009