Has anyone ever cut their toddlers hair with an electric trimmer?

I was thinking about doing it because i don't know how to cut with scissors, but I use the trimmer on my DH's hair, and it looks good, but I was just afraid it might not look good on a toddler? I'd be using a 7/8" blade, so it won't be really short, just short enough to be maintained. So, if anyone has did this, how did you like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did it for the first time with my sons hair when he was about 18 months and I started with the 1" attachment and I thought it turned out cute, now Im more daring and use the 3/4". Although it does make them look a little grown up I was not ready for my baby to look like a little boy lol!
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I don't have a 1" though.
    Anonymous

• I do that on my 27 month old son. It's easier than scissors. He thinks it's fun. I use the second longest attachment. It goes quick and easy and comes out good every time.
    Anonymous

• i did with both my boys and it looked OK, it was good enough until they were old enough to want "style". i would recommend letting him get used to the clippers first so he won't freak out.

trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 9:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yep, that's how we always cut it. Hubby shaves his own hair all off (which I hate, but it's his head) and he does the same to our son's head. It's fuzzy and cute.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• the hair salon does my sons heheeh with the buzzer. I dont get it all the way buzzed though. I did try it when he was abouta year old because i used to do my husbands and thought it couldnt be much different right. Well i was wrong it was ten times harder and though it didnt look that bad. I wont do it again
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 9:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Kids move around so much. It's not that much to take him to a barber.
    Anonymous

• I've been doing my son's hair since he was about 3. I usually just buzzed it all off at the 1" length or a little shorter in the summer time. It's always been easier to just do it all one length because he doesn't like to sit still long. He's 8 now and he gives me about 15 minutes to fix it the way I want before he gets fidgety, lol.
    Right now he's growing it out, though. He reminds me of Zac Efron with the way his hair is.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:31 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Always have,probably always will.Autistic kids make such a fuss at haircut time. I shudder to think of him at the barber raising holy hell!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 18, 2009