Everyone: Just Wondering . . .

With all the LOVE in my heart . . .

Does anyone ever get fed up with this section? Decide you are through? It is dumb to get mad at trolls or whoever? That you have better things to do?

. . . but then you come back : )

I guess this question is mostly for the regulars to this section, but has this ever happened with you? How often? What is the main reason you get frustrated? What is the main reason you come back?

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 9:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I read a lot but post little. Yes I keep coming back but I have to keep biting my tongue.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Actually yes, today is the first time in about a week that I have actually posted in the R&B threads....
    It can get beyond stupid at times and you get caught up in the maddness at times....
    If some of the titles sound like a drama movie being formed, I leave this area and head elsewhere...

It's not worth it sometimes...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Sometimes when I realize I'm not getting anywhere with a specific person/question I give up on that specific person/question. I don't think I've ever felt like I was "done" with this whole section though, I find it the most interesting, the most thought provoking of all of the Q and A categories. I'm not online in general as often as I used to be but I always stop over here to see what's been going on when I am on the computer. I don't easily get frustrated with the trolls or the drama because I know I can easily avoid it/them if I want to by just skipping the question and the opinions of strangers or anonymous posters on here are only as important to me and only have as much effect on me as I allow them to. That's not to say I have never been frustrated or annoyed by certain questions or remarks etc. but I try to keep that in mind and if I need to I do take a break and return later when I've had a moment to chill.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 9:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I've been taking a bit of a hiatus from this section whether it be certain questions in general or the whole thing. I had completely ignored this section for about a week but am slowly coming back. It's still the same, a couple of good genuine questions mixed in between a whole lot of trolls (mostly anon). Eventually I'll get tired of the trolls and tell them off, report them, etc. Take another little break and hope sanity returns.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• oh yeah. I've even complained to CM admins about it, but then I get to thinking about the people I have met here and the ones that ask genuine questions and I come back. Usually I read the questions but lately I've been a bit more selective about the ones I answer.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I've been busy getting ready for Christmas and volunteering so I haven't been around as much. Sometimes I feel a bit fed up - but not so much. Maybe because I'm not trying to convert anyone - just explaining and people can take it or leave it. I respond to what I want - somedays I'm in a mood to debate and other times I'm not so I won't respond.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I have not yet had this happen to me here in this section of Answers on CM. Although, i think i've come close.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yes, Cinnamon-Mom, I had done this before and am, in fact, currently doing it! LOL!

What usually sends me packing is the hyposcrisy that runs rampant in this section. Oh, and the whining, LOL!

Something'sGottaGive ;)
    Anonymous

• yep...i'll go on vacation & not even miss it. ive stopped responding to dumb questions asked by anons & sometimes wont even open anon questions. im also getting to the point that i wont open a question that has gotten more than 30 replies in less than an hour of being up...usually nothing i want to be apart of :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• sometimes i get a little offended when people start saying that i belong to a cult. i try not to let it bother me but sometimes it can get a little too much.

okmanders, i always post anon because the last time someone asked "what religion are you" I only put JW, nothing more and nothing less and i got hate mail from some lady telling me things that were very inappropriate. Then another time something else happened where it was a simple answer about my religion and i got hate mail. so now, even if the question is what flavor ice cream do i like, i post anon. so, its not everyone that post anon asks stupid things, some people that dont post anon ask questions that are just as stupid.
    Anonymous