Will you be at th eTea Party Caucus in Valley Forge Pa?

Weekend of April 16
...grly, are you going?

The Caucus identifies itself as not just another Tea Party organization but an "unbiased infrastructure" which will exist only to identify and facilitate communications between like-minded Tea Party groups. The Patriot Caucus Facebook group already boasts over 2,000 members. The group's oldest wall entry was posted December 4, but the Caucus itself did not "go live" for another four days, when their planning wiki went online. The founding conference will include "intense training, debate panels and general session special guests" as well as the first election of "the 155 delegation of the national Patriot Caucus." There's a [sic] in there somewhere.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Thought I would do a little copy and pastey of my own

Lies and distortions of the Huffington Post

An individual by the name of Alex Brant-Zawadzki has done a terrible job of pretending to be an honest journalist over at Huffington Post as of late. In fact, I would argue that Alex gives the Huffington Post an even worse and more partisan brand than it already has. And here is why... Tonight, Alex published yet another tea party hit piece, but this time it was directed at the Patriot Caucus. Before I address the blatant false accusations and distortions, I want to point out an interesting note about Alex and his lack of ability to report in a fair manner.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• In the piece, Alex attempts to make it appear as though he is thoroughly investigating the story. He likes to make it look like he has all of his ducks in a row and knows what he's talking about.

When, in reality... he hasn't got a clue. So much so that most of tea party hit pieces are based solely on assumptions and guesses.

For example, Alex makes it clear that he contacted our venue for the Patriot Caucus. How cute that he would go out of his way to contact the sales department at a major venue to try and confirm our event. This is, afterall, what a true journalist would do, right?

grlygrlz2

• Right. But here is where Alex goes wrong... he never contacts those whom he hits in his pieces. I scanned my email today and I have nothing from him.I checked my voicemail... nothing. Yet, on the very website he talks about there is a contact button with an email address listed.

How is it that Alex has the time and integrity to contact everyone but the people his pieces reflect poorly on?

It's simple. Alex is using a play straight out of the left wing guidebook... Rules for Radicals.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• The False Accusations

The result is the Patriot Caucus, a joint effort of American Liberty Alliance, FreedomWorks, the Nationwide Tea Party Coalition and Tea Party Patriots, the same groups working to plan a 2010 Tax Day Tea Party on April 15 -- one day before the Caucus.

The Tea Party Patriots and Freedomworks have absolutely nothing to do with the Patriot Caucus. Granted, the Patriot Caucus would be more than happy to have their help, but that conversation hasn't happened yet.

grlygrlz2

• To be clear, I strongly support the efforts of both organizations and believe our members should be involved with them as well. But the fact is... they have nothing to do with the Patriot Caucus.

Another way to put this is that the Caucus is designed to keep all the various Tea Party groups marching to the beat of just one drum, with Eric Odom as the little drummer boy.

Another cute line there. But also another falsehood. I am not the Chair of the Patriot Caucus. I just sit on the committee with quite a few other tea party organizers. I am running for "National Delegate", but I'll have to be elected to actually have that position.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• One part of this line is true, however, and that is the fact that we are marching to a drum beat. It's called Liberty.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• And look at this little one liner of insult.

Odom is a self-proclaimed founder of the Tea Party movement

I've actually gone out of my way on several occasions to credit the activists up in Washington State for a tea party protest they held back in 2007. THAT was the real beginning of the modern day tea party. Now was I one of the first few people to react to Rick Santelli's rant with a website?

Yes.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• And finally this little nugget.

The event is advertised as taking place at the Valley Forge Convention Center. However, despite the event's heavy promotion on through Tax Day Tea Party, 73Wire.com and American Liberty Alliance, it appears that the Convention Center has no such event on their books.

Come on Alex... you're really grasping here. Just because a contract is not signed does not mean we don't have the dates "saved" for us by the venue. Megan is indeed holding the dates for us and yes, under a different name, we are finalizing our contract

grlygrlz2

• The Huffalot Post Falsehoods are abundant with this Alex Chap. According to Alex, the American Liberty Alliance is funded by Freedomworks, when it isn't and never has been. As a matter of fact, ALA isn't really funded by any group. We don't have much money at all and never have, but the little we do work with, we get from small donors and supporting advertisers.

As a side but related note... we're proud of that fact.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• And this is really where the left doesn't get it. It's kind of like Nancy Pelosi telling regular folks that they're acting violent when they aren't. They constantly lob attacks at people who aren't doing anything wrong.

And the majority of the country knows it.

-Eric Odom

grlygrlz2