I am confused

I go to church and I am confused. The pastors kids work at the church. but I know they are go to bars, get drunk, and they sleep around. They are adults. Is it okay for them to work there if they are still going to bars, get arrested, using drugs, have kids outside of marriage? Should I find another church?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Eli, can't control the actions of his children when they become adults but he should never let them defile the holy temple of God. It made God mad and God killed them.

In 1 Corinthians Paul wrote to them because they were condoning the sin of just one of the regular members of the church. In fact they even prided themselves on their tolerance and thought they were exceedingly gracious. However, they were wrong. Not only does Paul say to cast the member out of the church if he wants to continue sleeping with his daddy's wife, but he says that by casting him out it will bring him to repentence.

Paul says we are not to judge non-Christians, but we are to judge Christians. "But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner--not even to eat with such a person." 1 Cor. 5.

A little leaven . . .
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Your faith in God is all that matters; I wouldn't agree with their behavior but I wouldn't switch churches just because others are sinners because in reality everyone is a sinner. I also don't think that just because a person is a Christian they should not associate with those who are not. As a Christian and my belief in God I know that it is my job to evangelize to others and the only way that can be done is if I have non religious people in my life. How else are you going to help someone? You can't sit back and judge (not you in particular) you have to associate with all to help all put their faith in the Lord.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• do whatever you want. thats there life not yours. there are plenty of catholics & christians who have sex before marriage, go to bars,clubs, dance, curse, drink, and do illegal drugs( i dont consider weed bad) anyways! Find your self a new church if it bothers you so much. why ask here? its obvious you dont agree.
    Anonymous

• Do you think other people in that church aren't sinning?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Oh, so it is okay? I didn't know if they were hipocrites because they work there. I don't mind what other people do but I just thought because they work at a church they should follow the bible. So I was confused.
    Anonymous

• I would think that if you are in a position to lead a church you should be setting an example. So, while I know that nobody is perfect, they should make an effort. That being said, not all churches have the same taboos as others. So while drinking at one church is a no-no, others are fine with it.
    Anonymous

• One of them was just arrested for dui
    Anonymous

• I also feel bad about giving money to the church when I know that money is going to the kids salary, they will use getting drunk and high.
    Anonymous

• no one is perfect and what gives you the right to judge them. Just like Sara Palin... her daughter had sex at a young age and then became pregnant but did that effect the way she stood politically?!?! If you were blamed for everything your children... then i think we all would be horrible parents.

31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I guess whether or not it is okay for them to work there is left up to a group of your church elders. Everyone sins, everyone should be able to attend the church of their choice. Were I to cast one stone I would have a dozen more flung deservingly in my direction. I understand what you are saying and the point you are trying to make. If you are that uncomfortable with it I would suggest trying out another church. Maybe having a job at the church is the only thing that keeps them from REALLY going over the edge with their behaviors. The devil likes to go after people in influential positions, you can rest assured he is looking for crack in their armor. Maybe the best thing to do would be to pray for those kids and stay in the church to show your support for their healing.

Something'sGottaGive
    Anonymous