Can anyone tell me how to figure out what websites hubby visits on his computer?

He is computer savvy. I am not. I know he looks at porn and erases the history. I wanna know what he's into without asking. I'm not sure what my reaction is going to be. Without the history to view, how do I figure out the websites? I know there is a way because he told me he could figure out what he was getting for Christmas by looking on the computer even though I deleted the history as well. Please help, thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ahhh yes addicts are a totally different bird. But you can't mistrust one man because of something another did...they aren't the same person!

Of course if you think he's an addict... I guess you gotta know. I just think it's kinda sad. I'd be pissed if my husband tried to spy on me like that and I don't even look at porn online...he'd like that anyways lol.

I wish you luck if that is what you want!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Why the sneaking around? Just ask him to show you. Unless he's into illegal stuff why does he erase the history? Are you one of those women who gets offended or thinks her husband is "cheating" if he looks at porn? I don't get why he wouldn't just tell you....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Install this on his computer when he's not looking. I think it emails you to your email you type in.
    http://www.refog.com/
    simplysarah77

Answer by simplysarah77 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yes, I am one of THOSE women. He would tell me and probably show me if I wanted him to, I would just like a heads-up that's all. I've been with guys before that were into stuff I wasn't comfortable with. Just trying to prepare myself. Sometimes my initial reaction to things can be like a bomb going off. I figure if I have that kinda reaction on my own time then I can be a reasonable person when I ask him to show me. Does that make sense? Or are you one of THOSE women that is too judgemental of people with differing opinions to take a moment to understand where they are coming from and why?
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure I want to do anything that drastic, Sarah, but thanks for the info. I want to KNOW but I'm not 100% sure I want to look. He is being a little secretive when he's always been honest in the past. I don't really want to repay dishonesty with more dishonesty but I would feel a little better knowing that if it came down to it I could keep tabs on him if I wanted to. Make sense to anyone but me?
    Anonymous

• My DH never feels the need to erase his history. I konw what he is into, and it's much better knowing than not knowing and driving yourself crazy wondering. Maybe the best thing to do would be to forewarn him you may get a little upset and need time alone to calm down, but ask him to show you himself. He may be a lot more open and be able to tell you exactly what he likes about different things. In the end, it probably won't be as bad as you suspect.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Thank you for sound advice AprilDJC. I am going a little crazy here. Of course, I wish he would just give it up all together, lol! But I feel like I gotta know what I'm up against, KWIM?
    Anonymous

• Check the hard drive. Everything should be on there
    Anonymous

• I'm just trying to say it's goign to be alot better if you ask him outright than if you go sneaking around looking and then you ask him about it because then he's going to feel like you really don't trust him. Trust me, that won't go over well, I know!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Well if it's going to bother you then why would you even want to know?

I just think it's pointless to get all worked up over something like porn. I mean unless he's addicted or a child molester, let the guy have his fantasies. I don't think it's fair to spy on him then get worked up over what you see...you're asking for trouble IMO.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2009