Are these still practice?

I have been having abdominal tightening for the past 3hrs coming at a regular 5 to 10mins. Some have been really strong with back pain and others just tightening. I've been drinking water and laying on my left side and it still seems to keep progressing. I feel like I have to pee but I can't and I feel like its pressure on my rectum. I'm 33 weeks and I don't want to go anywhere if this is nothing but normal. Should I be alarmed at all or is this still braxton hicks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try changing your positions again, call your on call doctor and good luck hun this could be it.
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 10:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• more than 4 -6contactions an hr are to be check. it does not sound normal. i had it happen to me and i was in labor they were able to stop it and i was put on bed rest for a month
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• get up and walk around. if its practice it should stop. otherwise call your doctor. the abdominal tightening was the only kind of feeling i had during contractions till i was induced.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• 1/2 of us are going to tell you to call your doc and 1/2 of us are going to say its no big deal. I am one of those "its normal" people in this situation. I am 35 weeks and have been having BH's every 8 minutes or so for like 7 weeks and I dont trip on it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:18 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• if its false labor changing activity should stop it, like if your sitting get up move around if your walking around sit down if they dont stop call your dr asap or go in to the hospital, honestly i would go to the hospital now to get checked, i would hate to have my baby early and have something wrong all because i didnt want to go anywhere when it could have been stopped
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 4:28 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• in that situation i would call my midwife just to be sure because 33 weeks is pretty early. :) gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 18, 2009