• In the Spotlight:

Toddler get together???

Hi .
I am a stay at home mom and my son now just turned 1 year and 1 month old and I just wish he could be playing around other kids , not only wit me. I feel bad for him , even tou we have alot of fun , i thisnk that he needs to be around other toddlers and play together.
My question is , is there any place or get together for perents and kids?? Where they can play and have fun...and if so, where can i get more info??

Ellie.407

Asked by Ellie.407 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You could start your own playgroup here on cafemom and invite local moms (Through the friend search, you can search by zipcode). I started mine 2 years ago, and have met lifelong friends. Sometimes you have to put yourself out there, but its worth it. Otherwise you can scope out www.playgroupsusa.com www.meetup.com you could post an ad in the baby and kids section on your craigslist inquiring of existing groups. Your local library may have a story time gathering where you could meet other moms.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• cafe mom play groups if they have them in your area.
    there are classes such as my gym or little gym, gymboree, etc that have mommy and me type classes that help with socalization, taking turns, and basic activities to encourage development and fitness.
    churches often have groups
    If your husband works, have him ask around and see if he has any coworkers or their wives who would be interested in doing a play date. I do a play date with 3 of the gals at work and their kids (they are all within 3 months of each other)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2009