chlamydia!!!

I just found out I got tested positive for chlamydia! I don't know if it was my kids father who gave it to me or the man I was speaking to after we split. now that me and my kids dad are sexually active again, i dont know who it's from! I CAN'T LET HIM KNOW THAT I HAVE THIS DISEASE BUT HE NEEDS TO BE TREATED! any advice? this will ruin everything and he'll never forgive me if i've been the only person he's been with. i know he was talking to someone else so i have NO IDEA if he has been around himself! PLEASE HELP ME!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Talking to people doesn't give you STDs.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• You're just going to have to tell him. Honestly how else can you tell him he NEEDS to go get the medicine? I know it sucks, but I can't really see any other way around it. You and he both are going to have to take the antibiotic.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• i found out i had chlamydia shortly after dh and i got married, now i never it was him that gave it to me because i had been tested right before we got together, (no he didnt cheat on me we knew each other a month before we got married lol) anyhow my advice would be to sit him down and straight up tell him, if there was a period of time you guys were split up then either one of you could have gotten it then, even if you gave it to him its not like you cheated and just as i feel i was just as responsable for me getting it from my hubby, your partner is equally responsable.. a responsable adult (which i sure didnt act like lol) would have said wait we have been with other people we need to be tested before we have unprotected sex, neither of you did that you are both at fault. you need to explain to him that many times men show no symptoms so even if he doesnt think he has it he needs to get treated continued
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 11:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• it is also something either one of you could have had for sometime without knowing it. there may be the chance you gave it to him but there is the equal chance he gave it to you. When you sit down and talk to him i would say these exact words "there is no way to know who gave it to who be regaurdless we are both at fault because neither of us insisted we get tested before we had unprotected sex" this shows him you are not blaming him and you are not saying it came from you either its saying there is no real way to know and you both need to take responsability for your actions or lack there of. good luck if you need to talk pm me
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 11:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Sorry but he has to be told

Answer by admckenzie at 11:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Yeah there is no way you can not tell him.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2009