Thyroid Question

Does anyone else take Synthroid?
How long before you noticed a difference?
I've been taking it for about 45 days now and still havent seen any improvement.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Health

• How far off is your TSH? The more off it is the longer it will take. My TSH was 40 and I doubled my med (doctors orders) It has been two months and it still isn't under 29. :( My neurologist says he can't dignose any neurological problems until my thyroid is under control for three months first.
    Look for books by Mary Shoman on Hypothyroidism.
    During my research I found that being hypothyroid depletes our bodies of vitamins especially vitamin B12. If you can, research that, I don't remember what source I used for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Are you taking the actual prescription synthroid, or a generic form? My ex had thyroid issues and for some reason generics did not work for him and he had to take the "brand name" drug.

Answer by missanc at 9:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2009